Portfolio layout

caboose7775

Hi guys, this is my second attempt to create a great looking portfolio layout for my school project :) . What are your opinions? content/footer section is not finished yet...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the modern style design and the color choices. In think the varying weight lines seem out of place. You have solid, straight lines throughout the design. I also agree with Ron, not a fan of the Mii. Will be interested to see the site when finished.

caboose7775

I like the modern style design and the color choices. In think the varying weight lines seem out of place. You have solid, straight lines throughout the design. I also agree with Ron, not a fan of the Mii. Will be interested to see the site when finished.

This is what I have now... I will consider changing "the varying weight lines" :p

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Trevor

Overall really cool.

Couple things:

i would make all ribbons on the site match the top ribbon eg.the one under recent work i would change to match the top ribbon.

Social media icons - i like the torn look and they work on alot of sites for this one i would suggest going with a more basic color and possible semi transparent.

Text boxes - they are currently a burgundy gradient, i would do one of 2 things add a drop shadow, very faint OR maybe add noise to the image. They kinda stick out a bit much. This may tie them into the page a bit better

Logo - add a bit of noise to the logo as well to match the site

Those are all little tweaks, and specific but the design is killer, something to be proud of.