Portfolio / Blog Redesign, feedback requested!

adx

Nice, I see you've really mixed things up! I like the new simple navigation a lot
better than the previous bubble incident. I can't say much other than I like it!
But the home and portfolio link go the exact same place, is that intentional?

voodish

I loved the old JScript menu, but it is a beefy navigation solution, I was using the Lamp thing on a site recently and found it took a while to load some pages.

I like the new site too, nice and impacting, good work! :)

Ianthe

I like the new design a lot better than the old one! The colours of the new site seem fine to me, but I can imagine that some people think it's too dark. Also the navigation has improved. Overall I think the new design looks more professional than the old one did.

Geodun1

He's been reported.

Anyway, I personally find it rather busy. The header would look good if the color change wasn't so abrupt at the bottom (or if it was abrupt at the top to, to give it the feeling of seeing a window over it or something).

Other than that, well done.

Gorgy

I think redesigned version looks much better because Blog and Portfolio should show several designs at the homepage and not only link to these designs.

PureDezigner

Update:

One thing that's odd for some of my visitors is having the portfolio and home page appearing to be the same page. This will not stay like this because as soon as I post an new post that is not a portfolio post then the pages will be different. Basically the portfolio past is just bringing up portfolio post from my blog.

Great feedback so far, please keep it coming!

Also, I would really appreciate it if you could take some time and comment on my blog post for some of my portfolio work. I'm trying to have positive comments and constructive criticism from the web community.

http://www.puredezigner.com

Thanks in advance everyone!

~Curtis