Popularity of Dreamweaver

Dr_Atomic

Is Adobe's program Dreamweaver one of the most popular programs used to build webpages? Is there an "industry standard" used for page building? I know Microsoft has FrontPage, but I already have Dreamweaver, and I thought I'd use it as long as one can do really good things with it. It's complex, but I could always learn it.

Thanks.

thekiller105

I have only ever used dreamweaver and am a really big fan of it. I know a lot of people use it as well. Its a very popular program and keeps getting better. I'm currently using DW CS4.

I also recommend subscribing to lynda.com. They have a lot of great lessons on using dreamweaver, as well as plenty of other programs you may eventually run into.

shirishdhotre

As of Dreamweaver is being a great tool for Web Site Building, and already as a no. of option one required to build a complete website, i being using CS3 and its really working excellent.

GSA Web Design

I used to use Frontpage alot and was a tad apprehensive about switching to DW, but I switched, and now I wouldnt go back to using FP. Currently use CS3.

GSA

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lol, yeah you can use notepad. But why make your life more difficult?

With Notepad there is no error checking, color coding, intellisense, auto completion....it just makes coding a little more cumbersome, imo.