Pop Up issues

watusa

I am working on a site that has a left navigation menu that has a few links that forward to external sites. These sites do not work with embeded browsers so I have to do pop ups. The problem that I have is that the site we have runs in kiosk mode, and when they open a pop up if they minimize the popup the kiosk site is pulled forward causing them to lose their pop up.

The machine is locked down very tight so they can't get to that pop up window again unless they alt+tab to it, as the start menu is covered up by the site in kiosk mode. The target="_blank" is being used, but for some reason any other links on the kiosk page open up in that same window, so if the minimize it by accident, the new pop ups still open in that window that they can't see.

I am looking for a code to either create a NEW window, so multiple pop ups can be open or so that the pop up window can't be minimized, only exited. Any ideas?

jnjc

Do the embedded browsers have JS support ?

If so then you could do one of two things
1) Use JS to open a modal pop-up (search the web you should find some examples)
2) Scrap the popup window altogether and use A JS dialog something like this:
http://orangoo.com/labs/GreyBox/

HTH,
JC

watusa

Awesome! The greybox script works great. The only issue I ran in to was I was using frames, so I changed them to IFrames and found some code that works with the script for IFrames. Thanks so much!