Plz Review Benstephan.com Portfolio and Blog Website

bens1287

Hey fellow web designers,

I recently redesigned my website. I was going for simple and clear interaction and just making everything really clean and usable. let me know what you think of the design, content, etc. Thanks. I appreciate all feedback so have at it.

http://www.benstephan.com

kleinbaas

I like the site..

I like the site but Im not sure about the colours used, esp the slightly sickly colours in the main header picture.

Perhaps some better contrasting colours? I noticed you used blue in places, perhaps a little more of this?

Other than that it looks good :)

anna

I agree with kleinbaas. The header biz card image looks like a pizza and made me hungry! :D

anna

Honestly? I would just change the image. Do you have a different biz card design that you can use?

anna

Maybe drop the shadow behind the header image, too, or just make it a bit smaller. I think the rest of the site looks great.

RenaissanceMan

Hi Ben,

First off, I want to congratulate you on a 99% well-designed site. I like it, the colours are subtle, it's got a strong grid and for the most part good typography.

Now for the constructive criticism: I dislike the way your container shrinks from the home page to the interior pages and your secondary navigation sits in the page background.

You could also do with opening up the leading a little on your body text, I'd find 1.5em more legible than your 1.33333.

BigRed

You got some really good points and some not so good. Folks looking for a web design or graphic design or whatever (I guess thats the target) are going to judge pretty much all your skills on your own web site, after all thats what you are selling your product with.
The subtle black and white and gray just does not have enough impact . Your portfolio looks good and maybe getting that on the front page as part of a slide show scrolling along the top or whatever might work . There is a bunch of competition in this kinda work and you should look at some of what they are doing to showcase their talent.:)