Please Review

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Whilst you can read the text on the navigation menu images, it doesnt stand out very well, perhaps consider using a lighter color for the text.

Splendidesign

Not bad

::) OK. It is alright. However I will offer the following constructive critisms. Ignore them if you want:
1. I don't like the links at the side. They look cheesy and don't add anything to the site. Stick to text links, or use photoshop.
2. I don't like your font. It is plain, and makes your site look boring, when it is actually an amazing resource. Maybe add a faint background like dots or something to liven it up a bit.
3.Take the Google Search off. It does nothing to complement your site and everyone knows what Google is, you don't need a search form on your site
4. It is my personal opinion, but I feel the Google adds at the top look intrusive. If you still want them on the site, I suggest putting them at the bottom.

Also, may I suggest that you add another page saying how to make a forum i.e. using Invision Board, phbb or Simple machines and give help in setting one up.

Hope this was useful,
Mike

Toffee

Hi,

I like the colour scheme and can see what you are aiming at, but I do have the same problem with the nav bar as the others.

I'd also consider sharpening some of the screen captures as they don't say much as they are IYSWIM. The lap top works best.

Also, because the text about your mission is a bit far down on the page, I didn't realise it was there straight away.

All the best with a great resource!

Toffee

timothyb89

I'm on an 800x600 screen, and I'm finding that I cannot see the entire page, which tends to draw visitors away from the site. These days, many people don't have small screens like I do on my laptop, so this might not be a huge issue, but still, it's food for thought.

Also, the images you are using for links make it so the site doesn't look professional. I think that you should use smaller images (which should fix the display problems where the text is too far down the page) and ones that aren't going to distract your vistors from the site itself.

John84

- text on the nav links aren't very clear
- the sharp edges of your menu images are very distracting
- the body of the page is very dull - fool around with some borders maybe
- google search in the bottom should have a white bg instead of grey
- consider making it pleasing to 800x600 screens as they are still very common

The idea for the site is great. Good luck with it.