please review

ApophisChulak

I only see the top area (logo + menu) in all the browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome). Others made references to things that do not show on my screen.

Comments:

Logo Background - better white than what you have chosen
Logo: too big by my taste (both the icon and the slogan); the shape you have used does not suggest design in any way (it looks like a bunch of slabs of rock)
I would extend the black background of the menu to the left and right rather to define the sections of the site more clearly than with the side rectangles (I'm not a fan of the sheet of paper style, which forces the viewer to look at a certain area. Better to attract rather than constrain)
You are using a lot of space for the Logo. Why would you put the link to your facebook account at the top? Do you want to drive your site visitors away the moment they open the page. I would move it in the footnote (just a discreete f).

Like other reviewers, I see nothing in your design that would convince me you're worth a try. It seems you have a lot to learn. The reviews you got are an excellent first step.

Good luck.

Tudor

sisqology

yeah, no content yet, but i wanna make the header as good as possible so, you masters would not criticize me again lol

d a v e

logo still awful - though the text that has "temitopsy web design" is fine and the navigation. everything else shows no understanding of design, web or otherwise.
the "hello.." text is awful

the biography text: i mean just look at it! is it easy to read or does it look like it's full of random spaces (or rivers of white) ? look around on the web and ask think about what makes text easy to read and look good, what makes sites easy to follow and look good. when you can answer these questions and implement them in your own site then you can call yourself a web designer. fair enough - everyone has to learn - but to use a driving a analogy, you haven't even passed your test, and no matter how much enthusiasm you have you're not safe to be out on the internet highway :)

it's not going to work just putting in the effort and redesigning in this lottery sort of way. you need to google for some good design tutorials, get a grip on some basic colour theory, typograhpy and logo design, and then try and make the header

btw this is a reall good print screen addon for firefox
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fireshot/

have a look at this quick mockup: font is the free museo slab and verdana. see how elements line up, text is sufficiently large with enough line height... the brown text is a compliment of the blue then desaturated and lightened
ah.jpg

Last edited:

webdesignbarrie

I think you are doing good for starters. I have skipped most of the first two pages of posts as I can see you have changed a lot. I prefer the side logos you have here above but the text you have on your site currently is nice. If you go with the reflection like above, be sure to move your reflection right up touching the actual text, and make the reflection more translucent. I also would use a large eraser in your photoshop and swoop across the bottom of this so it is only show the top half. Like below.

reflec..JPG

d a v e

I think you are doing good for starters. I have skipped most of the first two pages of posts as I can see you have changed a lot. I prefer the side logos you have here above but the text you have on your site currently is nice. If you go with the reflection like above, be sure to move your reflection right up touching the actual text, and make the reflection more translucent. I also would use a large eraser in your photoshop and swoop across the bottom of this so it is only show the top half. Like below.

View attachment 448

a gradient from 100% opacity to 0% (top to bottom) works more smoothly than using brush to erase part of the image - and it's non-destructive ;)

"but the text you have on your site currently is nice." surely you don't mean the fully justified text in their screen shot?? (note the one above with blue and brown is mine )

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, he did say he skimmed the first few pages. I'm hoping he is referring to your paragraph because the last one from the OP is #23. the spacing in that is ghastly, and there is no line-height to speak of.

also agree that the eraser is a dumb idea.

...and
typograhpy
brilliant!

webdesignbarrie

"but the text you have on your site currently is nice." surely you don't mean the fully justified text in their screen shot?? (note the one above with blue and brown is mine )

No no, I was not referring to screen shot. I like the logo text that they had on their website the other day.

With thanks individuals, regarding placing comments, i must say i take pleasure in, my spouse and i don't enable such things as this specific acquire us down like me merely however the spanish student, your comments will always make me work tirelessly and surely move it i still have some way to look, in addition to good precise data, brandon.. The great to hear through individuals like you. Consequently, the way you aid me? My business is nonetheless able to learn more plus more, therefore if there exists anyone on the market prepared to coach, i will be really glad. However,it is consequently annoying and that i want to often be driven and grow on target for the reason that i recognize i've got your strength to receive now there.

Buy WOW Gold

I think I speak for all of us when I say.....HUH?