Please review this site

adamblan

Hi Rob
The design is ok, it's just that nothing really jumps out & grabs me - kind of looks like every other hosting/design company out there...

Not a fan of the nav's look - try making the blue lighter or change the color of your text.

The templates page should show a smaller thumbnail (< 200px) on:hover - the load time is too long for the larger img.

It'd also be nice to have an actual contact form as well, instead of a mailto: link - this will also help to prevent your inboxes from getting spammed.

The project planning page was quite good, I thought - good imagery and engaging. Strive to make the rest of the site feel this way. Currently it's too bland for my tastes.

wetgravy

Other than the template reselling you have on your site, there is really nothing to show a customer what you have done in the past that can help them except 3 websites on your front page. I would add a gallery tab to create that feel. Also your design is rather generic (which is fine) but it needs a branding to identify it as the "Pro-WebDesign" word at the top and generic business stock art everywhere else.

Rob_PWD

Hi Rob
The design is ok, it's just that nothing really jumps out & grabs me - kind of looks like every other hosting/design company out there...

Not a fan of the nav's look - try making the blue lighter or change the color of your text.

The templates page should show a smaller thumbnail (< 200px) on:hover - the load time is too long for the larger img.

It'd also be nice to have an actual contact form as well, instead of a mailto: link - this will also help to prevent your inboxes from getting spammed.

The project planning page was quite good, I thought - good imagery and engaging. Strive to make the rest of the site feel this way. Currently it's too bland for my tastes.

Thanks for this, I was eager to get this up and SEO optimised, so all comments are appriciated and slowly it will come together.
Rob

kremo5le

Hi I am launching my new site this week and I would appreciate any feed back people would like to give me, positive or negative is welcome.
www.pro-webdesign.biz
Thanks in Advance
Rob

Man, you deserve a few taps on your back! Your site is really simple to understand, has a lot of information (loved how the prices hierarchy), and you surely will get some customers your way! However, why do you charge so little? Does it have to do with using WordPress Templates? I would like to know more about the whole thing. In the mean time, check out my website as well and let me know what you think.

Great work my friend,

starteasy

That would be my concern, your prices are extremely low, especially when you are offering the first year hosting for free.

Im personally not a big fan of high contrasting gradient fills on text (really light to really dark). I generally would use the same colour, but from a lighter to slightly darker version for the gradients on text and boxes. I also feel that you overuse the drop shadows. I would also increase the character spacing on the text by a really small amount. On my screen the letters appear very close together, which doesnt occur on any other site I view.

Some really good positives.

- I love the pricing system you have. I like it on hosting sites, and I like it on yours. Easy to read and difficult to be misinformed.
- I also love your phases and how you have presented them. Clear and easy to read.
- Love the source code for the site. Clean and good use of css.

Nice work overall, looks good.

Rob_PWD

Basiclly the prices are cheap because I can do the work for this price and make a profit. All Im worried about is scaring people off because of the cheap prices. But why charge more when it can be done for that price.