Please review the Fodera's website redesign

ordinarysundays

Much better! It breathes a more flexible/new/fresh aura!!!
You can see that the old site was forced in a fixed size, there was literally (to my feel) no room for new additions.
Now, with the new site, and you could see it's with a cms, it much more fresher, and and feels like you can expect new updates any moment.. nicely done!!

note; the menu should get more exposure, make the font smaller and bold would be a better option.

cheerS!

cablemotion

nice, just....

I think, aesthetically, it's a nice improvement. More up to date, cleaner, more professional... I like the sleek black pearl finish in the background header.

The one thing I would say I noticed in the negative, is I just feel like the layout and pictures are a little BIG, making it hard for me to grasp what's on the page. Image scale is a delicate balance. Perhaps it's just my preference to be able to see "mostly everything at a glance".

I think of it this way: Where would you rather sit in a movie theater: first row where everything is so larger than life you have to constantly scan the screen to see what's happening?
Or would you rather sit some rows back where you can get a grasp of what's happening in the entire image without so much eyeball exercise?

Honestly, I think your old site did good in displaying a balanced image scale.

Your new site is the ideal width for my resolution (1152 x 864). But scrolling down the height so much is a little frustrating. One idea is to shrink the logo and move everything up a bit.

A couple other notes:
- I think it would be less confusing, to constrain a gallery of images of your basses to one section. In other words, at the moment if I go to Basses, I can see different views of the instruments. I go to Gallery, I can again see different views of the instruments. What am I getting/not getting in each respective place? As an end user, I would prefer to see everything relative to an instrument in one place. Still, what you've done is already an improvement over the old site, where I noticed it's easy to get lost without an easy way back to the main page.
-The different views themselves in the Basses section are very nice, but the large image and the thumbnails in the strip below barely fit on my screen. To read any text, I have to scroll down. To see the images again, I have to scroll back up. There's never even room for the title to display. I don't think my screen resolution is unusually small, although maybe I'm out of touch. Better it would be, I think, when one clicks on an instrument, they go to a page where they can see the title, images, and description all fit on the page. Even if they have to scroll down from the header, at least they could see all the information relative to the instrument at once.

That's my two cents. Or did I give a little more than that? Really I do like how the new site looks, I think it has great potential.

gridchin

Thank you very much everybody. I really appreciate your opinion. I agree with @cablemotion, the site lacks of usability in normal (1200 x 800 px) and small resolutions; the images are oversized. It's my fault, I didn't took that into consideration.

Unfortunately the client prefers the old design. I hope he knows what he is doing.

Thank you.

joshuthomas

nice work, loading time is one factor i suggest you to check upon. Apart from that the design is neat, also things on the page look a lil bit larger than usual..

camilo.nevarez

dude, it took a while to load.. those pictures dont have to be that big, and the javascript slide show can be tweeked to make it preload iamges. but it is very nicely arranged.

page wieghts in at 30mb..wow

Last edited:

chris

For me it took a while to load a site. On Gallery, when only part of the pictures is loaded, it's funny to read text on the right.

The design is attractive.