Please Review Stikii - Children Shoes

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
The design is nice and clean, and easy to follow.
I can change the colour of the shoe, but cant add the things to it on my phone (flash?)
Havent tried on my desktop yet...

DHDdirect

I think this is a great idea!

A couple things I would tweak:

Optimize your images, they all seem to take a while to DL
Add a bit more delay to the image swapping on main page
This "Would you like a single stickem or a pair of stickems?" is a bit confusing. On one shoe or both shoes?
The green background is a bit bright but it does work alright.

The way kids are now a days you'd probably want to have some warning on there such as "Kids make sure you get your parents permission", just so you don't get a bunch of shoes returned to you :)

And like Phreaddee said, the shoe designer doesn't appear to be functional on a mobile browser. (tested with Opera Mobile Emulator and Android Virtual Device Manager.. I can't afford one of these fancy phones :) )

My next step would be to focus on making your site compatible with mobile customers.

Last edited:

Lechlak

@Phreaddee - It is jQuery, but there is something about how it was built utilizing overflow that doesn't let the elements dragged. Still working on that one. I don't think you would be able to even see what it was in Flash.

@DHDdirect - Thank you very much for your input! I agree with what you are saying. Not sure how to word the single or pair better, but I will work on it.

The mobile browser work is next! Thank you guys!

*EA*Marcus

The design is ok ( I personally don't like the colors but the layout has potential ) and I don't see how your "Build a shoe module" is going to work without some kind of 360 view.

Also when you add a stik-em the message
"Would you like a single stickem or a pair of stickems?" - with the choices appears below the footer. I don't think that's a good placement if you planned on leaving it that way or if its my browser.

doug_eike

The color scheme is fun and in keeping with your theme. Overall, the site is attractive. The alternating banner, however, is overwhelming. It gives a lot of movement over too much of the screen and changes so fast that it's distracting. Perhaps slowing it down or making it a bit smaller would help. Congratulations on an excellent design!

MacK

Although the background color is a bit bright (overall color scheme).. Its eye hurting :D Other than that, everything is very fitting and well done.