Please review my website

codefiredesign

Hey I was just wondering if you could give me comments and ideas on my site...

At this point, it is not working with IE6 or 7, so you should probably use Firefox/Safari.

Also, the only page that has real content is the home page, the rest is just filler content.

It is currently at codefiredesign.com/site

Thanks, any input is helpful.

-David

walkingbird

i really like the colors and your abstract fire logo. I mi try and add soemthign to the footer and make try it without the reelection.

adamblan

Well done David :)

- the menu / maincontent js is a great touch - very smooth in Fx -
@#$# Bill Gates and especially ie6 - good luck with squashing the bugs

WalkingBird's right - the page is "top heavy" - although I imagine that having content on the page will help to fix that... I'll be interested in seeing how you handle content loading... Will you be using AJAX? iframes? or just load everything up front?

athomas

That banner... thing you have behind the links/content at the top.. when you click on a link, it shortens on the right.

Where's your logo?

Just seems to simple for a designer. Add a flash banner or something.. make the whole site flash.

codefiredesign

Well done David :)

- the menu / maincontent js is a great touch - very smooth in Fx -
@#$# Bill Gates and especially ie6 - good luck with squashing the bugs

WalkingBird's right - the page is "top heavy" - although I imagine that having content on the page will help to fix that... I'll be interested in seeing how you handle content loading... Will you be using AJAX? iframes? or just load everything up front?

All right... any ideas for the bottom to make the page even out a little more?
All the content will be loaded up front.

adamblan

It really comes down to your content - make sure that it's the focal point, not the header.At 1024x768 your footer is below the fold, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Also, I'm not too stoked on the idea of loading everything up front (unless it's flash w/ preloader) due to longer load times. Definitely look into prototype to load content dynamically.

hawk12online

Nice design, navbar is a little basic though - but if you are aiming for that - then it looks good.

Other than that, good job!

:)