Please Review my website

rosiebrown0

I launched my website few year back but i recently polished it..and updated many more features to it...Url is- http://www.gowebbaby.com/
I would love to hear all your suggestions and criticism and about its services.if possible let me know whether if this service is useful to you? and recommend if there are any changes..
Thanks in advance.

annemarie

I like it, also love the social icons!
small things I noticed:
the li of the dropdown 'web development' and 'ecommerce' have some spacing at the bottom on hover.
Why does 'visit portfolio' take me to a new tab?
on the portfolio page when you have scrolled down, more images load. that doesn't allow users to see the footer...

hacker15

Looks great however, is it legal to use the image from full sail university without credit? Not to be sarcastic, it's an honest question.

Fireproofgfx

To be honest, I am completely overwhelmed with your website. So much going on and then you add the drop down menu that adds even more options. In this case simple seems clearer.

That's not to say I don't like it overall. I think the design is great, good color choice, I love the image swirl when you mouse over them (the 3 icons in the middle of the home page) and the red boxes that expand when moused over, although again way to much information and options.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
too much fancy pants going on.

your code is a bit of a mess and confused as to why you are using deprecated elements such as
"marquee" and "font" particularly in html5, and even more confusing as to why its in the head.
a lot of inline styles and css in the head???tsk tsk!

its way too busy for my liking, and as for SEO it is a dogs breakfast
remember that your h1 tag is the most important header. (and that there should only be one)...
HTML:
   <h1> PARTNER US - <a href = "javascript:;" class="closea"></a></h1>
???

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
also put your JS at the bottom of the document.
faster loading and much better for SEO.

che09

Generally, I like your site. It's fun whenever I mouse over and see those icons. But, sometimes over-doing this will cause boredom. I believe you did a good job there and good color combination!

Websynergi

Graphically it looks great, the colours balance nicely and the layout is strong.
The pages take a little longer to load than most sites, could be the images need optimized.
I really like the circular icon rotating effect (on the web designer, wordpress, ecommerce) on the home page but I'm not to sure what function it serves.

blacey

I like the site overall, and you've done a good job!

I agree with some of the points about it not being very well optimised for SEO. You would want to review your heading structure, make sure you have one <h1> in the page, everything else make it either a <h2> or a <h3>.

The sidebar modules I would recommend removing the <h3> tags from the sidebar and footer widgets as these aren't technically speaking content headers. By all means use CSS to style these so they look the same as headers but maybe add change them from:

<h3>Portfolio Showcase</h3> to <div class="heading">Portfolio Showcase</div>

On some pages you're making 170 HTTP requests for images, javascript etc and this is far too many! Think about condensing icons into css image sprites so you download 1 big image and use CSS background-position, width and height properties to show the relevant image. This would work well for buttons and user interface elements.

Hope this helps.

rosiebrown0

I like the site overall, and you've done a good job!

I agree with some of the points about it not being very well optimised for SEO. You would want to review your heading structure, make sure you have one <h1> in the page, everything else make it either a <h2> or a <h3>.

The sidebar modules I would recommend removing the <h3> tags from the sidebar and footer widgets as these aren't technically speaking content headers. By all means use CSS to style these so they look the same as headers but maybe add change them from:

<h3>Portfolio Showcase</h3> to <div class="heading">Portfolio Showcase</div>

On some pages you're making 170 HTTP requests for images, javascript etc and this is far too many! Think about condensing icons into css image sprites so you download 1 big image and use CSS background-position, width and height properties to show the relevant image. This would work well for buttons and user interface elements.

Hope this helps.

Hey thanks blacey for your feedback..i'll work on you suggestions.

ZipTimeTracker

I like it a lot. I can see why others say it is too busy, though. Lots of mouse-over animations, etc.
Also not sure why the "Visit Portfolio" opens a new window (even though its on same URL)

Please review my site if you have a sec: http://www.webdesignforum.com/18102-please-review-ziptimetracker-com.htmlportfolio"