Please Review - My small website.

ahk2chan

Believe it or not... when the home page first load, when the background color strip doesn't even show up yet, I loved the black and white site. Some how the icons on the page are so simple that they don't seem to match with the vibrant color strip at the background...

horrorshow75

I agree with Ank those icons just kind of fade into that colorful background I would maybe get rid of the middle navigation since it's kind of redundant, the same links are like 5 inches above those and replace it with a nice image that will compliment the background.

Maybe you can move the icons up into the top nav like to the left of the text.

just my $.02

specialk

I like you site, it is simple and very colorful!

It looks like you have a nice ajax photo album in there too, looks really nice.

Good luck with your site.

adx

I agree with all of the above. The double menu isn't necessary, and I thought the black and white was much better than with the colors. In the banner section it says, 'Your Ultimate Online Resource'. Ultimate resource to what exactly? I mean, there were some pictures, and a template of your site within your site. I dunno, I was confused! :p

horrorshow75

I just looked at your site again and actually clicked on some links this time. Now i'm using IE6 at work so it may just be me, not that text color should be a browser compatibility issue but M$ never surprises me.

Anyway you should change your text color to anything but black. On the design page I didn't realize there was text there at first. It's almost impossible to read your content.

advertising

one thing that sticks out to me is your logo. I think you have done fine with it but perhaps you should consider including the - hyphen in your logo. I can only imagine how much traffic you lose to people going to the non hyphenated domain name.

another thing I noticed is the poor choice in your domain name. I am not trying to be mean or anything, but here is how I see it.

IT is almost like you are trying to confuse people. I read tancom and lots of things come to mind instead of tan-com.com
I Don't know if I should go to tan.com tancom.com

basically the hyphen - as well as the com.com is killing the future potential of this site.

The best thing you could do is invest in a better domain name. I did some quick research and saw that most of the tancom domains were taken. in .com and .net TanCom.org .biz etc are not taken. You might consider doing something with those domain but be careful and do some research on trademarks etc as people own tancom.com and tancom.net

In this situation you might just be better off starting with a new original domain.

just my 2 cents

Matthew

I like the colours up the top, very creative. Nice work overall, I have no negative feedback.
M.

flipboy

very nice site.. i liked the variety of colors.
Just one thing, the links under "welcome" seem a little off when it comes to spacing between them. I don't know if it's just me or maybe you intended it to be like that. just my opinion. But other than that very nice.