Please review my first XHTML/CSS website

podolux

Hi, it is my first XHTML/CSS site built almost from scratch. In most cases I use my favourite CMS but this time I decided to improve my programming skills. Here is a link: www.dynamic-networks.lu
Please review design, layout, fonts, colours and SEO of the website.
Any comments is really appreciated.

helloworld

I really like this design.. nice and clean! My only gripe is the captions' text-indent under the green titles. I think you should either triple the size of the indent or get rid of it. It looks kinda like it wasn't intentional being this small. ..Maybe that's just me?

Also you might want to consider adding some more visuals being that you offer design services and not just IT.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
The site seems a bit...canned. I don't know how better to describe it. I could change the title from IT to a herpes cream and no one would know the difference. Also, the font for the unnecessary "under construction" is really choppy.

I agree about the indent too. Do it or don't, not in the middle.

podolux

Thank you very much for the comments. You are right, I need to add some IT "markers" to make it more technical; and change the indent size.
Do you have any SEO suggestions?

reverseengineer

I have one thing to add for the design, the top menu looks strange with all the open space on the right side. It needs to either be centered or more spaced out to fit the entire width evenly.

Been away fro a while working on some projects I hope to be able to share soon. That being said, as far as SEO goes.. Smartfilter blocks it as Malicious Sites. Might want to see what keywords and/or description could be causing it to be blocked by a web filter.

itexcellence

I like the layout i am a big fan of simplicity i don't think many designers realize that people read left to right, what platform are you using Joomla or wordpress? as for the SEo it woul dbe a good idea to install some SEO friendly addons.