Please help with finishing touches on my basic website

turkeyjerky214

Hey everyone, this is my first semi-professional website I've made, and it's for my sports photography business. I'm making it in Dreamweaver. It is really basic as I don't need/can't afford anything really fancy right off the bat.
www.bigleaguephotography.com/customprints.html

I'm almost got it done, except I'm having trouble with a little formatting as you can see from the link I've posted.

I basically want it to look like this (the colors are different because I just took a screenshot and then did this mockup in PS)
mockup.jpg

As I don't have any experience with anything beyond html basics, I have absolutely no idea how to achieve this box with images and text underneath the stripe. I obviously want it centered with the stripe, but so far all I've been able to do is center the text and "About Us" image with no box behind them.
It has been suggested I use tables or dividers, but again I don't really know what I'm doing.

If anyone could explain to me how I need to go about doing this I would be extremely grateful. Thanks!

c)solutions

Well

I spend like 5 minutes to see what I could quickly. See the attachment.

First of all, dont scale your pics down in html. If you have photoshop why would scale them in HTML!?!?!?!?! Doesnt make sense to me. It makes your pics look like crap. So thats a no no.

I hope you can figure out the basics off css and html from the changes I made. I put the css in a sperate file for a better overview.

Attachments

• bl.zip
    94.7 KB · Views: 13

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I do not like the green background, and I do not like the border around the navigation buttons.