Please help! I just can't center this page

Fireproofgfx

In Google Chrome I get a message about an external protocol request and that Chrome needs to restart. You will lose a lot of potential viewers with that type of message.

I also don't like the navigation as a whole. You are missing Doc type, and crucial Meta tags as well. Still needs a lot of work.

Last edited:

Trevor

I got that same message, huge deterrent. Regarding centering the page, put everything on the page within a table and center the content within the table. Thats not really the proper way to do it though.

May want to consider putting your CSS into a separate stylesheet.

d a v e

"Regarding centering the page, put everything on the page within a table and center the content within the table. Thats not really the proper way to do it though." lol why suggest it then?

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prob cause the rest is in such a state. Why not put it in a table.
May as well make a flash splash as well.
And drop in some animated gif too.
Alternatively you could put it in a wrapper with width and margin: 0 auto;
And then remove the abs pos on the elements.
Restructure it logically.

Trevor

Prob cause the rest is in such a state. Why not put it in a table.
May as well make a flash splash as well.
And drop in some animated gif too.
Alternatively you could put it in a wrapper with width and margin: 0 auto;
And then remove the abs pos on the elements.
Restructure it logically.

Thats what i was thinking, its not proper but nothing else is so why not, i just was trying to be nice
Maybe an animated gif that makes the logo wig wag?

Janja

Your wrap div tag has a closing element where it should be openend. Omit the / in
</div id="wrap"> on the top of the page.

I have had issues, where IE didn't center the page unless you give the body tag a text-align of center, you can then left-align the text in the table again.

Hope that helps.