Please check and criticize this

johnnytv

Sigh, I wish people wouldn't use Flash.

Otherwise, your images are not anti-aliased and not high resolution enough for the size you have them on screen.

I would also remove the intro page and have a simple html page stating that flash is required for the site, not one with a flash animation in the middle of it.

Use static images for the flags, flying flag gifs look tacky. State to click on a flag to view the site in that language

ISDProductions

I disagree, I think this type of site may be one of the few places flash needs to be... My only "thing" is that it is a bit hard to navigate, I would suggest having a more conventional navigation go along with what you have up already, For those who can't figure it out, also I agree about the anti-aliased, try to save the images you imported into your .fla as png-24, that should take care of it. well done

Last edited:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I would get rid of the intro, it doesnt match the professional look of the rest of the site.
Also the text navigation on the guitar tabs is hard to read, I agree with isd about adding a conventional navigation menu as well.

Toffee

I like web sites like this and find them fun to navigate, but it's true that some of the graphics look a bit pixelated. On band web sites, I think it's quite good fun to have this style of page. I must say though that intros do drive me nuts, especially if I have to return to a site regularly. They go on too long for me and the skip intro never worksquick enough!

Cheers,

Kirsten

timothyb89

If at all possible, I think that you need to make the page itself smaller. My screen's at 800x600 (common for laptops) and I think that this was designed for at least 1024x768.
Apart from that, it looks really nice.

Toffee

BTW, I've been a bit slow off the mark and just realised that the MP3 player works - fantastic idea!!

John84

Well done. The only real drawback of flash is the fact that it's not SEO friendly at all. Also, you may want to reconsider having a visitor counter; this is something you generally see on a gaming site.