Picking a Domain Name

diansunarko

How long should a domain name be? and can i use that domain for another blog or website? i am a bit confused about this domain name picking, maybe some one here can explain this to me. Thank You!!

the shorter - the better it is, however it all sums down on your marketing strategy

you need to identify a keyword or a keyword phrase that reflects the product/service/market/audience you represent

It's not a must, but you can consider including the selected keyword or the keyword phrase in the domain if it doesn't get too lengthy.

Contact me and I will tell you some suggestions without any fee

zach

The domain of your website should only consist of the name you have chosen for the site or the acronym of that name.

You can use your domain for anything that you want too, but you must choose a index which is what will prompt your visitors when they first come to your site. If you wish to have both a blog and another website then you can simply setup your homepage with links to the other webpages on that domain.

Code:
http://example.com/
http://example.com/blog/
http://example.com/store/

josiahstaggs

You need to determine how your users will find you when they search on google. Then try to incorporate that keyword phrase into your domain name, if possible. Even if you don't know anything about SEO, you'll be glad you followed my advise later on down the road.

If the keyword you'll be after is just too long then you may just want to opt for a catchy more web 2.0 name that will at least look appealing.

orangecopper

pick up a domain name that could be

- easily remembered
- unique
- meaningful word ( if possible)
- and use the blog as domainname.com/blog

that would be my suggestion

cheers
Josh

Kim Anderson

hey there. You have to renew domains every year. But there are services that automatically bill your account every year when the domain is almost to expire. There are also promotion where you pay for 2 years or more and you;ll get at 10% discount sort of thing. After getting a domain, you might want to get yourself a good web hosting service

Code My Concept

The most important thing you should remember:

be simple! People will remember a website with a simple straight up name. Also it will work as a keyword for search engines so, as they explained above, keep the domain name within your niche.

CanadianWMR

Your domain should always include the keyword that you want to rank better for.

You can have any length of domain it will not effect your SEO but for the ease of your visitors you should always choose short domain.

And if you want to rank better in a specified location then register country level domain.

jrecinto

To sum it up:

1. The main keyword that you're competing in.
2. Short and easy to remember.

Also, a practical tip is to practice typing it in your keyword. How do you feel while you're typing the domain name? Does it feel comfortable? Does it feel natural? Will your muscle memory be able to remember it quickly? Is it something that your target market can easily type?