PHP project

iamirish

I decided to do a php project, i am gonna try my luck at it and see what happens. The questions below are what i wanna answer. Before anyone else says anything this is not homework of any kind. I say this because other forums, thats what people think. This is just for ideas of programs that may do what i want

I need ideas on applications and the purpose of it
I have to figure out what input will be expected of the user?
What screens the user sees when inputting their data?
The processing performed on the information submitted by the user?
How will this information be stored?
How will the user be informed of the results of the data processing?

I also want to meet the following requirements

Input must be accepted from the end user.

Invalid input must be recognized and properly handled, with the user being informed of any problems.

The input must be processed and stored (in a database).

Results of processing must be displayed to the end user (through the website or through email if processing is asynchronous.)

I want to include all necessary SQL statements, PHP code, HTML, and images to execute within the XAMPP environment.

I want it to have a professional and aesthetic appearance.

must be secure and safe from attack.

Any help with this would be great, i hope i can get the help i need for this.

chrishirst

Staff member
I need ideas on applications and the purpose of it
I have to figure out what input will be expected of the user?
What screens the user sees when inputting their data?
The processing performed on the information submitted by the user?
How will this information be stored?
How will the user be informed of the results of the data processing?

I also want to meet the following requirements

Input must be accepted from the end user.

Invalid input must be recognized and properly handled, with the user being informed of any problems.

The input must be processed and stored (in a database).

Results of processing must be displayed to the end user (through the website or through email if processing is asynchronous.)

I want to include all necessary SQL statements, PHP code, HTML, and images to execute within the XAMPP environment.

I want it to have a professional and aesthetic appearance.

must be secure and safe from attack.

All of that is known as "Being a developer" and if you can't figure any of that out, ... ...

You are nowhere near being able to call yourself a "developer".

And on the issue of;
Before anyone else says anything this is not homework of any kind. I say this because other forums, thats what people think

That's because it looks exactly like the kind of thing that might be assigned to a final year student as an "under-grad" exercise.

Robert-B

I am not too sure what you are trying to build. Its only you who can answer those questions I am afraid. To me it does look similar to a final year assignment.

iamirish

Trust me this is not a final year assignment, i am not a student. If i was i would not be here. I just wanted some ideas as far as what kind of projects would fall into the description. I am not asking anyone to give me codes or anything, just PROJECT IDEAS

chrishirst

Staff member
as what kind of projects would fall into the description.

ALL of them is the answer to that, because if the project does NOT have at least ONE of the 'features' you suggest, it does not require PHP to be involved at all.

tk-hassan

@iamirish i think you want some technical suggestions? like using JQuery to hand user data on front-end, PHP for server-side, pass all valid data to database, ans also recall it to display it to user.

this is not something unique, there are penalty of similar scripts available on the internet