Php+mysql generated pages and Google search

Makkura

Hey guys!

I've been working on a portfolio lately which I use to store projects and such. I also built a mini-cms-ish system to fill in the title, upload image,... into my mysql database.

Currently when I hit the "ok" button it generates an entirely new php page which also appears with a link on the frontpage.

Now my question is: "In order to optimize my project pages with the google search function. Is it better to create an entirely new page for every entry (so it has a physical location) or an entirely dynamic page which loads keywords, other content from the mysql database?"

I'm like pondering with the question that dynamic content generated in a single page will show up into google.

I hope someone will understand what I'm trying to explain and feel free to add your advice.

Thanks in advance!

conor

I think that using a mysql database is a good way to go. It does not effect how google reads your page as far as I know, it also makes it much easier to maintain and edit a project, since you will be using one file instead of multiple.

I really cant think of any reason it would effect googles indexing of your website, as long as you are linking to those pages from the home page or you have a sitemap google will be able to find and index them.

If your building a cms type system I would advise using a database, I've developed my own cms (http://furasta.org), though I haven't released anything in a while I'm still working on it. One of its core components is using databases to store all pages, user information, settings etc.

Makkura

I think that using a mysql database is a good way to go. It does not effect how google reads your page as far as I know, it also makes it much easier to maintain and edit a project, since you will be using one file instead of multiple.

I really cant think of any reason it would effect googles indexing of your website, as long as you are linking to those pages from the home page or you have a sitemap google will be able to find and index them.

If your building a cms type system I would advise using a database, I've developed my own cms (http://furasta.org), though I haven't released anything in a while I'm still working on it. One of its core components is using databases to store all pages, user information, settings etc.

Thanks man! That's all I needed to know! ;d