Photoshop to Flash

battousai386

I am wanting to make a website and all its graphics in Photoshop, and I am wanting to import them in to Flash because I want my website to be all Flash. If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this correctly, please let me know.
Thanks!

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
export all the layers (or components - ie buttons, backgrounds, logos, etc etc) separately - optimised for web,
rebuild it in flash.

although I really would suggest against making it entirely in flash.

whats your reason behind a full flash site?

battousai386

I'm creating a portfolio website for school but also for myself. I want to have an easy way to show my web and graphic design work. And I know I've always been a fan of Flash portfolio websites, even ones with just a flash gallery. I think its just better then having to create a bunch of thumbnails and or make someone scroll a mile down the page to look at everything.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm creating a portfolio website for school but also for myself. I want to have an easy way to show my web and graphic design work. And I know I've always been a fan of Flash portfolio websites, even ones with just a flash gallery. I think its just better then having to create a bunch of thumbnails and or make someone scroll a mile down the page to look at everything.

This is all still better done with CSS and JQuery. A quick Google search would certainly turn up a number of pre-built options.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
still not convincing me it needs to be in flash

I think its just better then having to create a bunch of thumbnails and or make someone scroll a mile down the page to look at everything.
is that the only way you see an html page being created?

and in anycase the way to make a photogallery in flash is more complicated than a simple lightbox, and in the end, a lot of hassle which as ronald said...
This is all still better done with CSS and JQuery

Mug

If you have the latest version of flash you can open up the psd in flash itself. It will open import all the layers. I think that is the case, I know you can do it with Illustrator.

I would advise you go down the HTML/CSS route. Easier on resources and search engines prefer it.

LouTheDesigner

Please try not to take offense.

If you build the entire site in Flash (good luck with preloaders), and it wasn't AMAZING, then if I were your teacher I'd take points off for you building it entirely in Flash.

-Lou