Photoshop or Fireworks?

tank126

Which is better: Adobe Photoshop or Macromedia fireworks?

can you do the same things in photoshop as you can in fireworks.

StephanieCordray

Yes you can do the same things in photoshop that you can do in fireworks but you can't do all the things in fireworks that you can do in photoshop but as you have probably noted there is a huge price difference, too.

However, there are third party filters that you can obtain to augment fireworks which will give it more power and still not equal the price of photoshop collectively.

blank

I am for Photoshop, as I have stuck with it ever since I have been using that type of software, and it is nice and easy and has more facilities than fireworks. However, I must admit that occasionaly I use fireworks.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I used to prefer Fireworks because it was easier to use, but I now like Photoshop better as it has a much larger selection of tutorials.

tfgames

However, there are third party filters that you can obtain to augment fireworks which will give it more power and still not equal the price of photoshop collectively.
Theres plugins for fireworks and photoshop i dnt think fireworks can ever match photoshop.
I brought a copy of photoshop for $12 of ebay, its exactly the same as a normal copy. So the price of it shouldt put you off.

veggie1232

photoshop is so much better fireworks is more complicated to use and it coast more but there are ways off getting it free like lime wire but i wouldnt suggest it i think we should support the makers of a awsome program

Scriptmaster

I have used PS AND Fireworks, I prefer fireworks, I dont know why but I enjoy using the acromedia interface and PS was such a memory Hog