Photoshop/Firefox 3.5 Color Management

BnH

these r my current color settings
screenshot01g.png

While working between Photoshop and Firefox i notice my colors are a little washed out in Photoshop and I think its because firefox uses the system color profile which is my calibrated profile.. is there a way I can get Photoshop and Firefox to match up without having to change my RGB in color settings to anythin but sRGB and turning on Proof Colors which is set to Monitor RGB?

it seems the problem applies to my css also.. so I'm not sure if it would be best for firefox to be in sRGB, System Profile, or not managed at all.. the way a screencap of my site in photoshop/sRGB is exactly how it looks on other computers, but i dont know how to get firefox to display in sRGB if thats the best option..

I can design my site in photoshop using sRGB which is a little washed out compared to my monitor's calibrated profile.. but when i code the site and open it with firefox it looks exactly how it was in photoshop but the colors r saturated so the colors look better since firefox uses the calibrated profile..

wouldnt the best option be to have firefox and photoshop in sRGB instead of my calibrated monitor?

I used to have my settings set up exactly like this page says The Mysterious “Save For Web” Color Shift | Viget Inspire but im not sure whats correct now.. what do u guys use? does it appear the same way in photoshop/firefox?

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is new to me? I have not adjusted any of the settings in FF or in Photoshop (just left them in default settings) and colors seem to work/appear the same in both apps.

jonweb2009

ya this happens,

when you switch over to high graphics monitor you have set the color settings.

what you have to do is after setting color profile in photoshop, you have to set the same color settings for your desktop. you can do it by right click in the desktop, then properties in xp or personalize in vista.

to have vibrant colors use sRGB IEC61966 PROFILE

orangecopper

ya this happens,

what you have to do is after setting color profile in photoshop, you have to set the same color settings for your desktop. you can do it by right click in the desktop, then properties in xp or personalize in vista.

well said !
or you can even optimize the colors for web in photoshop and view the same on a different machine to make sure it comes out correctly.

regards
joshu

BnH

so r my photoshop settings fine? my system settings r using the calibrated profile at the moment i would think that should stay the same.. just dont know what to do about firefox.. is that what should be changed? what do u guys use for calibrated monitors?

jonweb2009

User North America General Purpose 2...

and set the same sRGB for your monitor...

this works good for both web and printing..

you donot have to do anything on firefox or ie

BnH

User North America General Purpose 2...

and set the same sRGB for your monitor...

this works good for both web and printing..

you donot have to do anything on firefox or ie

my monitor is calibrated is there a reason y i should use anythin other then that for my monitor settings?

jonweb2009

my monitor is calibrated is there a reason y i should use anythin other then that for my monitor settings?

Yes to have that shining colors keep it north american general purpose 2, experiment with other settings you will see the difference

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
ya this happens,

This is the default settings on my monitor.