Photoshop Design posible?!

rock_101

Hey,

Basically i have a an idea for a website, but i am completely new to this. I do not know html or any of that, and cant afford a web designer.

However, i am experienced with both PHOTOSHOP and ILLUSTRATOR and i can make nice designs.

Last week i came to the conclusion that i am able to design a web page using photoshop. now heres where things get complicated....

Is it possible to add links and like highlight what part i want to be a button etc. cuz i am a very visual person and i dont think i can learn html in time. Also are there any programs that are just as good and as profesional as dreamweaver but that are all visual?? kinda like photoshop but for website???

please help... thanks alot

art346

creating links in photoshop

Hi'

Yes it is possible to add links in photoshop, to do that you have to go to image ready, click on the photoshop to image ready button, it is located on the bottom of the tools panel, then you have to create a slices and give each slice a descriptive name. To add a link, select any slice you want to be a link, after you select a slice, on the bottom you should see a property bar, there you should see a url property type in the page url you want to link to. You can find more about urls at http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp

rock_101

ahm... what do i do after i have all those slices how does it get on the internet????

the link u gave me has to do with html i dun get html...

can u like explain it differently

yeee thnx

suz

You will need to get web hosting if you don't already have a host. Then you need to upload all the image files and the html page which should be called index.html You can upload using an ftp program or your web hosts may have some sort of online file manager that you can use. Good luck

rock_101

k ahm.....

ur talkin waaayyy further then what i was talkin bout...

how do i get my photoshop design with all the slices and stuff onto this html page ur talkin about

u have to understand that i dun know anything about html and am trying to avoid it as much as possible

is there any program that is like DREAMWEAVER but more visual like no html at allll:confused:

tenthheron

Hi rock,

Dreamweaver doesn't require you to know any html at all. I'm a new web designer and I have a handful of paid commission projects. Three of them are done and I know almost NOTHING about html. Almost everything I did was done in photoshop.

Just use dreamweaver, make a site with things you create in photoshop, use dreamweaver to make the links on the things you create in photoshop, then contact a web hosting person and ask them what to do next.

It's actually all pretty easy.

-Ben

jnjc

You a going to have to get your feet at least a little bit wet when it comes to HTML, hosting etc. The basic concepts are fairly straight forward and there are plenty of tutorials etc. out there.

Also if you want to post an image here (.jpg would probably be best), we can have a look and give you some pointers to get started....

HTH,
JC

c)solutions

Sounds like someone who wants yo win the millions, but doesnt want to spend money on a ticket.

If you want to make a website, you should know the basics of html. If you only want to make a website using photoshop, just stop with what your doing. I wouldnt say its impossible to make a nice site ONLY using photoshop, but for someone who just starts with it... it is.

Hosting is 1% of you whole proces. Uploading a website is done in a sec. You only need like a couple of dollars to buy a url.

My tip: buy a simple book with the basics of html. Probably doesnt even cost 10bucks. If you want to have qualities, you NEED to invest in knowledge. You only need a bit of html and css to make a site. When you take html step by step, its easy. In many cases its even more simple then photoshop.