Photography portfolio site (robertnorgren.com)

no1chance23

The site looks very professional and seems to represent the kind of photographs you take. However personally I would use some photos of clients on the homepage as it may help to connect with your clients easier.

reverseengineer

I think it looks absolutely great. I have one minor suggestion and it probably doesn't even matter to you. The facebook, twitter, etc. in the footer looks great and clear. But the image replacement image, when you hover over them, are blurry. Is that what you wanted? I think its a little too blurred out.

rickidoo

A few suggested tweaks.

1. Make the logo clickable to the home page. That's a defacto web standard. It's a convenience for users.

2. Your contact page makes it difficult for people to contact you, because the contact info is at the lower end of a long page. While many people who want to contact you will take the time to go on a "contact information safari", some will not and leave - or think "I'll come back later and find it..." and then forget.

3. If I'm on the home page, or the contact page, and I click on "photography" (Not the dropdowns, but the clickable graphic menu item itself), it stays on the same page. It's a minor thing, and chances are interested people will try again. But I'd still fix it.

Rick Dieffenbach

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great layout! I like the 2-toned menu titles.

Only suggestion: the images load pretty slowly, be sure to web-optimize them.

omglookitsagoat

The links in the top right corner don't have enough contrast. The rollover effect has enough contrast, but not the regular visual of them.

helloworld

I really dig it. A few comments:
The font seems a bit small in some places.
And maybe the 3 gray buttons in the top-right could be a little darker? I'm a big fan of low contrast, but may be a bit hard to read. Great Work!

krymson

Im going to have to agree with everyone, looks nice, coded nice, everything. Some images could be optimized a little more and the 3 links in the top left should have more contrast so thatit stands out a little more because it almost blends in too much to where you cant see it.