Photography Gallery

meredithturner

Hi! I'm trying to set up a gallery/portfolio of my photography, but I'm having troubles. I wan't to have something where you can comment on the photos, but Wordpress seems really tedious to upload each picture into a post separately. That and I feel like I'm gearing all of the coding, thumbnails, etc. to the current theme I made, but what if it doesn't work as well with the next theme? I don't want something like coppermine, because it's not customizable enough.

I was also thinking of just using lightbox/jquery sliders, but that doesn't allow commenting (or is there a way to enable it?) and overall also isn't as customizable as Wordpress. Any suggestions as to what I can do/use for this? I know quite a bit of coding, it's the actual IDK WHAT I SHOULD DO AT ALL. Any help at all is appreciated!

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was also thinking of just using lightbox/jquery sliders, but that doesn't allow commenting (or is there a way to enable it?)
dont know where you heard that but <!-- this is a comment, just type it -->
unless you mean captions again though this is very possible with all the lightbox clones of the world.

meredithturner

What I mean by commenting is viewers being allowed to comment on the images. I guess I should have specified that, haha. Something like this: http://www.monochromatic.com.br/

With that, I feel wordpress would work but with every picture as a different post, etc. I'm not sure how practical it is for long term.

chrishirst

Staff member
They both have absolutely NOTHING to do with designing. SO!

I would suggest you go and find some better questions for sig link posting.