Photog Portfolio Review

Absolution

Looks good to me! My small suggestions are:

Choose photos that appear very sharp, because customers might run away if they see one slightly fuzzy image.

For the text on the bottom, if you intend on people reading it, try a less fancy font.

One thing I like is having a border around all square photos. For you I would consider making a subtle one, not to distract from your photographs. Maybe something soft and wavy.

I'm curently doing a website for a photographer that deals in fine art prints. A good way to make thoes photos realy pop is to use a slightly darker BG color and border the image with a 5 point solid and make it white to offset any of the color balance that might seem slightly out of wack by the body BG color.

fahimc97

the design is very good but as said earlier, try to get really high quality pictures because the ones you have got are a bit blurry

apart from that, good

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
the specials section looks a little out of place. try it on the left perhaps, and put the social media icons on the right. tidy the spacing between the text and the image as well.

Is this your partners website? I checked out the blogspot and she's got a good eye with what she does. but a lot of them are a little soft with the focus. not sure if thats her style or the camera or maybe over optimised? mainly noticable with the portraits, as they have a good d.o.f. but the focus of the image is not quite sharp enough.

I get what folk are saying about the borders etc, but I dont think it will enhance the design to add one personally. just remember too that particularly photography/art websites, the colours in your design sometimes clash with the imagery so for max impact you use more neutral colour sets, or just be particularly careful with the chosen imagery. occasionally, if you have a particularly out of place coloured image, it sometimes helps to run a photo filter over it which helps to match it to the website a bit more, but you want that to be super subtle tho!

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did a lot of updating. Once again, the photos are just filler. Also, the don't bother with the Prices page. The link works, but there's no content there.

Specifically, I'd like feedback on the gallery page. I realize they're not photos, but I want to know about the layout.

reverseengineer

I would put a slight off-white background behind the entire gallery so the pictures look enclosed and united. Plus a big square background would match the big square photo and adds some consistency to the rest of the site.