PHOTO GALLERY for clients to update themself

imyb

Hi,

My client is an artist who wants an image gallery to display his work. He wants to be able to update/arrange/delete the images in the gallery himself.

His html knowledge is ZERO.
His computer knowledge is minimal.

I found http://www.visuallightbox.com which at first look ok but the problem is when you publish the gallery, it's just the gallery... You can't have your own header with the clients logo and the navigation buttons on the page. It's just a blank page with the gallery. This is NOT acceptable. I want the gallery to display inside the website where we keep the logo and nav buttons.

Is there anything out there what would do that.

Thanks for the help

RAJO

well why don't you advise him to use front page, made a gallery once it was amazing i could delete rearrange and make slideshows if i wanted , you don't have to use wordpress or dreamweaver to be on the right track you could take back to some sort of beginner level and thats fine

CaldwellYSR

well why don't you advise him to use front page, made a gallery once it was amazing i could delete rearrange and make slideshows if i wanted , you don't have to use wordpress or dreamweaver to be on the right track you could take back to some sort of beginner level and thats fine

Don't do this! I didn't even know frontpage still existed but avoid it at all costs. Wordpress is really good for things like this but it sounds like you already have a site set up and just want to add this functionality. If this is the case you'll probably have to look into some smaller CMS you can put in there. I know there are small ones but I don't know if they have photo gallery functionality.

Try CushyCMS, I think it has that functionality.

imyb

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. I have to agree that frontpage is not an option. To be honest didn't realize people were still using it :D

I'm looking maybe for something like FLICKR when the customer can put their picture on there in different albums and then I can put a module on the website that will go to flickr and pull the pictures from there... Something like this. Something SIMPLE for the end user to put their picture but I also need it simple to install.

For the statement above, I DO HAVE A DESIGNED WEBSITE with a STORE, so moving everything to wordpress is not an option.

Thanks for all the help

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
No one really uses fp anymore, except for fools like above.

Flickr/instagram/etc, would work for a feed but you may not be able to style it to suit.

What cms u using if not wordpress?

Tuxon86

Thanks for the suggestions. I have to agree that frontpage is not an option. To be honest didn't realize people were still using it :D

I'm looking maybe for something like FLICKR when the customer can put their picture on there in different albums and then I can put a module on the website that will go to flickr and pull the pictures from there... Something like this. Something SIMPLE for the end user to put their picture but I also need it simple to install.

For the statement above, I DO HAVE A DESIGNED WEBSITE with a STORE, so moving everything to wordpress is not an option.

Thanks for all the help

You don't have to move your whole site. Instead you can install Wordpress in parallel and link to its gallery. Your client will have an editorial acces to that ecosystem while you'll retain full control on your website.

It sounds clunky, but it would work as a stopgap until you can roll your own with php or perl.

imyb

Hi again everyone,

I use dreamweaver to design my websites. NONE of my clients change content on their websites. I have a lot of clients that pay me to change/add pictures to their gallery. Most of my clients are older and not computer savvy and their need are usually pretty simple... they just want a website with a few pictures...

This is the first time I have a client that wants to change pictures himself. He's an artist and has a need to change pictures constantly. No "content" changes other than pics.

I find it hard to believe that in 2012 there is no easy solution to this problem. I would have expected that flickr would allow someone to make an album and they could put an HTML link on the website and every time they change the album it would change on the website. That would be so great.

Tuxon86

Hi again everyone,

I use dreamweaver to design my websites. NONE of my clients change content on their websites. I have a lot of clients that pay me to change/add pictures to their gallery. Most of my clients are older and not computer savvy and their need are usually pretty simple... they just want a website with a few pictures...

This is the first time I have a client that wants to change pictures himself. He's an artist and has a need to change pictures constantly. No "content" changes other than pics.

I find it hard to believe that in 2012 there is no easy solution to this problem. I would have expected that flickr would allow someone to make an album and they could put an HTML link on the website and every time they change the album it would change on the website. That would be so great.

Times are changing... :D