Page Design

jwalker80

Hi,

Check out my page design, im in the middle of structuring it at the moment. I reckon the colour scheme will be the dark green and cream from the "Natural Range" image, with maybe a red/orange/yellow colour to contrast. Im thinking that maybe my nav bar and footer are too big, and maybe I should get rid of the curved corners.

The right side content will have an image map for locations of outlets on top in the bigger space and maybe an advert for a product they want to push forward on bottom. This should balance it off.

What do ya think of this? Does anyone have any good ideas to enhance this?

See screen shot

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 84

timothyb89

hmmm... I'd say you could get rid of the contact link at the bottom. It looks out of place, and you already have a contack link at the top of you page.
Also, you may want to get rid of the empty squares on the right of the page. If you feel that they must be there, replace them with a solid object or put some content in them.
And seeing as this is a template (it has the text that all templates seem to have for some strange reason, you may want to get rid of the defualt text :p
Apart from that, it looks very professional and I think that the design will be very apealing to your visitors.

Last edited:

RAJO

i think the logo needs some depth
puting a white/black logo on a colored page isn't good

John84

Agreed, the logo maybe a bit too bland for the rest of the site. If that has been the company logo for some time and must be implemented than I suggest making it smaller and just integrate it into a more dynamic banner/header for the site. Then again its hard to tell w/o seeing it with the actually colors you will be using. Also, center the layout horizontally.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I agree about the image looking a little too large.
Also the text on the images looks a little too light.