page change flashes white

Mr Tee

There may be nothing I can do about this but, my site contains thumbnails, when clicked a full screen widow is shown which contains a dark background. However before the change it flashes white and then shows the page. Is there anyway I can prevent this white flash? The thumbnail page has the same dark background as the next page. Thanks

My Photography Site

StephanieCordray

i didn't have a problem such as you described, however there are a couple of things that bother me.

1. i can't right click on a thumbnail to direct it to open in a separate window because you have right click disabled for copyright. I can live with that since it opens into a new window anyway but...

2. I have to scroll to get to the close window icon and it's the only way to close the window.

Mr Tee

Opppppps.

I am afraid I am in the middle of changing the layout of the site. Unfortunately, I just changed my monitor for a 17" and the resolution is much bigger. I am so used to using the old format that I forgot the depth is so much more.

OK back to the design board then. Sorry

Eclipse

Mr Tee said:
There may be nothing I can do about this but, my site contains thumbnails, when clicked a full screen widow is shown which contains a dark background. However before the change it flashes white and then shows the page. Is there anyway I can prevent this white flash? The thumbnail page has the same dark background as the next page. Thanks

My Photography Site

Try taking out your scripts as a test, see if it still flashes, maybe there is an error in your Javascript, sometimes that will cause a flicker. Try a javascript/HTML validator:
http://www.loriswebs.com/validators.html