Opinions please

Mart

The site: - http://wetroom.org

Wanted a slightly different design, hence the large banner with a shower head sticking out.

Tried to make the banner as small in memory size as possible without distorting it too much, could have reduced the memory size a bit more by using a GIF but do some antivirus programs block Gifs from showing properly?

So all your comments good or bad would be appreciated

Please don’t take too much notice of the code, will get around to sorting that out as soon as the design has been finished.

Thanks in advance

Mart (would-be webmaster)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I like the color scheme. Although whats coming out of the shower head looks too dark to be water. I would work on that effect.
As to the images on the main page, they look all negative, I would probably try and go along the lines of on the left a before picture which looks real bad, and on the right, an after picture of that part of the bathroom fixed. That way the site would have an overall more positive aspect to it.

1LineDesign

All your code could do with a good cleanup i found 48 errors just on the 1st page, your also missing the most vital code that should be in your html which is required by web guidelines. A clean site is a good start to a web site.

Mart

Thanks for the comments Ian, the water effect looked good before the image was reduced for the web but I will make that a bit lighter. Good idea about having before and after images, will look into taking a few more photos for the site very soon.

1LineDesign, was hoping no-one would look at the code just yet, know there is a lot of work to be done on that but will get around to it soon lol, don't think I have 1 site that has perfect code, it’s just laziness. Perhaps if Google said they would penalize sites with bad code then all my code would be almost perfect.

Thanks again

Mart

ISDProductions

I think you may have reduced quality way to much, load time is very important, but so is the impression you get of the website once it loads, I would try to strike a better balance. Other than that, the one thing that bothers me is the pictures innerbevel, they create a border that is part of the photo, I would suggest you try an outer bevel on the photos to make them look cleaner, or ditch the bevel all together. If your using photoshop, I can help you out with that. Maybe just lowering the opacity on the bevel would work, just anything so its not so "in your face"

Mart

Many thanks for the comments

So far ive

• updated the water effect (which still needs to be re-done the water drops look too large)
  • Brightened the thumbnails and removed the large bevels
  • Slightly improved the banner quality.
  • Got the code down to 19 errors

Still got plenty to do but am getting there

Mart