Opinion on Wordpress?

AskAtum

Hi everyone,

Our company has recently made a decision to turn our existing website into an entirely Wordpress format. We have a lot of pages that are regularly updated and have dynamic content such as videos, blogs, promos, network status updates etc.

I'd love to know your expert opinion on using Wordpress for a corporate site.
What are the pros and cons?

We appreciate any advice or discussion on the topic!

Attachments

• animated-gif-ad.gif
    animated-gif-ad.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 76

Matthew3man

Wordpress is definitely the most accepted industry standard when it comes to content management. I would suggest getting a development server up and running to get to know the in depth functions that Wordpress has to offer. Pretty easy to get to grips with though as long as you have a little PHP background.

purity

Wordpress Is Great

I started designing the "old fashioned" way, with divs and css, but I would never go back. The ability to add almost any functionality quickly is just too good.

purity

I can show you how to make a website with tables and images if you like, but I think I would be straying from the original intent of my comment. The implication of my statement was "MANUALLY ADDED DIVS AND CSS" and I supposed that my audience would be savvy enough to divine this. Thank you for pointing out my error Phreaddee.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Phreadee, my good man, it's time you upgraded your old coding style to more... 2001-ish. Tables are the way of the future. Who in the hell needs to learn to code all that div nonsense anyway, when you can have Photoshop kick it right out for you?

Get with it, bro. ;)

@purity: I haven't laughed this hard in a long time... Thanks.