online games

jmad

alright i know there is a post about fear and doom what other online games do people play??? i used to play diablo 2 and was highly addicted i quit a lil while back. i play fear and rainbow 6 Las Vagus. i jus started playing the world of war craft its a great game but highly addictive! i am jus curious if ne one else here is a gamer??

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
WoW = boring... i hate such games, as i have short attention span for such things these days.

i do own rainbow six: vegas, but only play the single player missions every now and then. the game does piss me off after a while though. i hate it when they don't allow you to save. i always die by getting shot in the back too. grrr...

i used to play battlefield 2 online, but don't really do so anymore. that game was equally fun in single player mode as well though.

the only game i really ever played online a lot is counter strike: source. other than that, mostly single player. i deal with enough idiots at my day job to not want to have to deal with them in my rec time.

jmad

i think star craft 2 is out now! i went on a big racing game kick lately, but i am still playin wow quit a bit. About once a month we get about 10 guys together n play rainbow 6 on xbox tons of fun. (reminds me of paint ball lots of trash talkin).

ccps

I play Socom Us Navy Seals for ps2 and psp + PS3 . Im looking on sponsoring slant six for the new socom for ps3 and zipper up to come for allelitehosting.com socom gaming site . Coming Soon !

Saiduchi

Used to play Starcraft online, but now switching to Counterstrike. The big reason why: It's easier to play online when most of the players are in the same timezone (i was in u.s. that time). Now i'm back in my home country and when it's night here, its daylight there. So less people playing. Counterstrike is popular here and i only play at night during spare time anyways.

But i'm waiting for the new Starcraft 2 too. Can't wait.

Ar3d

it seems its really fun to play, Right now i do like playing NBA live at my PC but seems you have a experience on those games i will also take a shot for that..he..

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i think star craft 2 is out now! i went on a big racing game kick lately, but i am still playin wow quit a bit. About once a month we get about 10 guys together n play rainbow 6 on xbox tons of fun. (reminds me of paint ball lots of trash talkin).
starcraft 2 is scheduled for a release in 2008. what racing games have you been playing. they haven't really released any good ones in a while. the last good big one was GT Legends IMO. GTR 2 was alright and the same goes for Race. Dirt was a major disappointment and test drive unlimited suffers from simular problems. i'm sticking with LFS (which is an independent title).

jmad

you are right i saw the logo on blizzard and i assumed starcraft2 was out.... that will teach me on assuming things! i was playing need for speed carbon, fm2,grand turismo4. i beat need for speed carbon in like tree days was fun but i havnt played it again since i played it. i was really geting into forza motorsport2 when my xbox went down and am still waiting to get it back. grand turismo 4 was not as good as the third one in my book i think the bspec mode kinda ruined it a lil bit for me..

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i haven't played forza 2, here to many stories of peoples 360 breaking to even consider buying one anymore. i will be purchasing a ps3 soon in anticipation of the next gran tourismo titles. looks like it's gonna kick ass!

nfs carbon was horrible in my book. it seems like nfs porsche unleashed was the last title with good controls. ever since then it has gotten a little worse from title to title. that ruined carbon for me. i am a sim junky. i can do arcade style games, but when the steering is so inaccurate and/or even has a delay, then i won't touch it. ruins the game for me.

i have countless hours on GT4, more cars then i know what to do with and millions in the bank. i loved that game, but when it was surpased by sims on the pc, i slowly started to lose interest. i might have played once or twice in the past year. forza 1 wasn't bad either, but GT4 was the better sim in my book. just had a better feel to me.

Saiduchi

interesting, Hellgate huh. gotta check it out.

Anyone knows a good strategy games? In case you guys have a personal favourite. Once in a while i'd play theme hospital and simcity 4.

jmad

ya diablo 2 was like a three year addiction. i had 9 accounts at one point. (it's sad now that i think a bout it) i made a couple hundo off of selling my accounts on ebay though. hell gate i am going to have to look into that one.hay v if i was thinking of getting a racing game for my comp that was like grand turismo what would u recommend?

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
it depends which aspects of gran tourismo you are looking for. if you just want the massive selection of cars then i would say test drive: unlimited. if you are looking for a great simulation look into www.liveforspeed.net. if you want a good balance of both then GT Legends might be your cup of tee. just be warned, any good simulation on the PC will require a good steering wheel to be competitive.

my next purchase will most likely not be a racing game. if medal of honor: airborne releases on schedule (august 30th), i will once again be roaming the streets of europe in the 1940's. :)

most of the big hitters aren't due until sometime the 4th quarter of this year and the end of 2008, which is also when i suspect crisis will be coming out. i fear it will be a bit to resource intensive for the average joe for them to risk a release in 07. with all the new hardware coming out at the end of 07 it might be a smart move postpone the release to at least the end of the 4th quarter of this year.

some of the big titles to look forward to:

GTA 4 - 2008
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 2008
Starcraft 2 - 2008
Alan Wake -2008
Operation Flashpoint 2 (the real deal - non of this ArmA BS) - 2008
Fallout 3 -2008
Deus Ex 3 -2008
Assassins Creed - november 2007
Splinter Cell: Conviction - 4th quarter 2007
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures - october 2007
Kane & Lynch : Dead Men - 4th quarter 2007
Crysis - september 2007
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box - 4th quarter 2007

just to name a few... yeah, i am bored.

john238

I personally don't play any major games. I only play a few of them free online games in my work break. These games are the sort of games that can be found at Games Dash and other free online game sites.

If I had time then I guess I would play more and better games.