Odd Table Problem...

follicle

Hello,

I'm working on a concept website for my employer. There are still a few bugs here and there that I need to clean up, but there is one that I just can't figure out!

Here is the site: www.frontierkemper.com/demo3/main.html

Every page looks correct except for the "Job Openings" link listed under the "Careers" tab. You'll notice that when you click on the "Work with Us" link under the "Careers" tab and then click the "Job Openings" link under the "Careers" tab, that the table on the Job Openings page shifts ever so slightly to the left. Every other page is lined up correctly. For some reason, this page's table shifts slightly to the left and as a perfectionist, it's driving me crazy!

I've attempted to rebuild the page several times using my template, but somewhere along the line it shifts every time. I can't seem to isolate when and where it happens.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any replies!

Logan

Unfortunately, I can't see the problem either, but I do know a quick fix that you can use until you find it.
add a style to the main table on the Job Openings page only. Straight into the HTML is fine, there's no need to go to all the trouble to create a new class for it since it's only supposed to be temporary.
In this style, give the left margin a negative value (e.g. <table width="100%" style="margin-left: -5px;">
Just keep increasing it the further left you want to move the margin. (by increasing, I mean -5, -7, -10, etc.)

follicle

Thanks for the reply!

I was able to find out when the problem actually occurs, but I still haven't found a permanent fix yet. It looks like whenever I hit a unspecified vertical page length, the table shifts slightly. All of my other pages hold only one or two paragraphs, while the Job Openings page holds four long paragraphs.

I rebuilt the page, piece by piece, and everything works fine until I paste the last job opening into the table. Once I paste it in, everything shifts. It's acting like I'm entering too much information, so it has to make room, which doesn't make much sense. I'm also working on an online job application and since it's a lengthy page as well, I'm also having problems there.

:(

conor

You should use meta tags or else it won't index well. Also try an external stylesheet. I can't see the problem that your describing. Oh and change the title - at the moment the page is titled "Untitled Document" :)