Not clear on how to strip out Wordpress code

shovenose

Banned
You could install a copy of it onto a WordPress installation, then copy and paste the code from View Source, and then copy and paste the CSS file.Also save any images.

offtheroad

You could install a copy of it onto a WordPress installation, then copy and paste the code from View Source, and then copy and paste the CSS file.Also save any images.

I don't have wordpress installed nor do I want to. I tried it and it was for some reason to me as an old geezer, harder than dreamweaver, but I like the way some of these themeforest template work.
One eaelier answer was "Basically... you save the css file
then create a new html document
copy all the code from the header, footer, sidebar, and page, remove the wordpress php, then viola you have your template

you want to copy the code in all of these files and put them into 1 html file and delete all the php
the files are header.php, footer.php, sidebar.php, and page.php"

But I fell shor of following the instructions. I don't understand where the word press .php is and if I do as told what do I call the new html doc? index.html

Rockerfeller

You should do what Shovenose suggested.

And why not use wordpress for your website? Your template will probably look crappy if you do not use it. And with wordpress, you can maintain a blog and post articles easily, which is very good for SEO.

shovenose

Banned
I don't have wordpress installed nor do I want to. I tried it and it was for some reason to me as an old geezer, harder than dreamweaver, but I like the way some of these themeforest template work.
One eaelier answer was "Basically... you save the css file
then create a new html document
copy all the code from the header, footer, sidebar, and page, remove the wordpress php, then viola you have your template

you want to copy the code in all of these files and put them into 1 html file and delete all the php
the files are header.php, footer.php, sidebar.php, and page.php"

But I fell shor of following the instructions. I don't understand where the word press .php is and if I do as told what do I call the new html doc? index.html

I have an idea for you.
Get a month of free hosting:
http://www.webdesignforum.com/19450-free-web-hosting-limited-time-offer.html#post84004
Install WordPress
install your template
open your website
go to View Source
Copy and Paste :)

Gavin

The free hosting offer mentioned should do the trick. Import your theme and then look for the individual php file. From there just create and turn it into html file.