No portfilio

doyle369

Im trying to find my 1st client

But I have no portfilio so why would anyone want to hire me when they cant see any of my previous work.

kangomedia

The great thing about web design is that you can showcase what you can do even though you don't have any clients.

What I mean is...create some sites for non-existent companies.

If you don't want to do that then simply tell your prospect that you are currently working on your portfolio and that you might be willing to give them a discount should you get their business.

When I had no portfolio I would say, "I'm looking to charge $xxxx.xx to my clients (which is the going rate for a website). However, I am currently building my online portfolio and would be willing to give you a discounted rate if you would allow me to include your site in it."

Hope that helps.

Freddy Rodriguez

3dmagicaldesign

You can start to develop as many templates as possible, different markets, different subjects, take a look at my portfolio, I am new at web design too, some of my designs are websites, some are just templates, I encourage you to develop as many templates as possible, that way when a client ( e.g. Real Estate related) asks you for a template, you can show him some of your work. Please let me know your thoughts, I have landed clients this way.

voodish

We have lots of clients, new and current, we don't mind employing talented web designers and developers a like. If you would to send me a PM with your details I will happily move things forward for you, Rgds Dan.

pingeyeg

I must admit, that is some pretty good advice. Do you your first one free and make it really good, then target those types of customers and let them know they could get what you just made for a certain price.

pingeyeg

We have lots of clients, new and current, we don't mind employing talented web designers and developers a like. If you would to send me a PM with your details I will happily move things forward for you, Rgds Dan.

Are you willing to let that person telecommute?