No One Uses GoLive Anymore, But...

djsweethots

But I do! I'm lagging behind the rest of the world by not having Dreamweaver, I know, but does anyone have any kind of experience with GoLive CS2?

(Oh, by the way, hi everyone! I'm new here; been looking for a place to ask for help a loooong time!)

I'm attempting to create a website - I created the perfect layout in Photoshop, but now I'm not sure exactly how to transfer what I have in PS over to GL. I've looked at as many tutorials that exist online today, but they're all so conflicting. Can anyone break this down for me?

All I want to do is make a website! I'm fairly near pulling out my hair now, and I like putting my hair in a ponytail, you know? :)

Basically, what I want to know is this: Is there a way to transfer a PSD file (my website) into GoLive to create an active webpage? And, if so, HOW?!

I swear that's the million dollar question for me right now.

Thanks to anyone willing to help me out. I'm such a beginner it's not even funny. I just love using PS, and haven't branched out to Adobe's other babies.

pingeyeg

I believe the tool you want to use in order to make this happen is the slice tool. This should slice up the image the way you want and then export it to html.

Geodun1

But I do! I'm lagging behind the rest of the world by not having Dreamweaver, I know, but does anyone have any kind of experience with GoLive CS2?

(Oh, by the way, hi everyone! I'm new here; been looking for a place to ask for help a loooong time!)

I'm attempting to create a website - I created the perfect layout in Photoshop, but now I'm not sure exactly how to transfer what I have in PS over to GL. I've looked at as many tutorials that exist online today, but they're all so conflicting. Can anyone break this down for me?

All I want to do is make a website! I'm fairly near pulling out my hair now, and I like putting my hair in a ponytail, you know? :)

Basically, what I want to know is this: Is there a way to transfer a PSD file (my website) into GoLive to create an active webpage? And, if so, HOW?!

I swear that's the million dollar question for me right now.

Thanks to anyone willing to help me out. I'm such a beginner it's not even funny. I just love using PS, and haven't branched out to Adobe's other babies.

After Adobe acquired Dreamweaver, I was the happiest little boy in all the world :) I strongly recommend upgrading to one of the Creative Studio Dreamweaver versions.

As stated by ping, the easiest way for a new designer to transfer a design from Photoshop to HTML is to use the slice tool (tutorial: http://www.slicingguide.com/ ). If you need help transferring from tables to divs, just ask and I'm sure someone can link you to a tutorial on that.

djsweethots

Well, I've at least sliced it, but, for some reason, when I try to put it together in GL, it just doesn't work. Thanks for the links, I'm going to check em out and see what's what.

I have a fair understanding of HTML, as I've been dabbling with it for a few years now. CSS is somewhat over my head, but not by much.

Maybe I need to find a tutorial on patience...

Does anyone know of a tutorial about going from tables to divs??

djsweethots

Thank you so much ya'll (sorry, I'm from GA. :))! The tutorials gave me much insight, so now all I need to do is sit and work.