No CSS showing at all in IE8

simbob

This site i'm working on is fine when viewed in all the latest browsers, but in IE8 none of the CSS is being recognised (not just the CSS3 bits). It displays as if the style sheet link is broken.

I've tried adding the following meta coding <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" /> but with no effect.

Should i create a new style sheet for IE8? Can't help thinking it must be something simpler than that.

Here's the url... www.dorringtonprimaryschool.co.uk

benjamin.morgan

I'm not sure but try removing both empty style tags and see what happens. It seems to not be able to read the stylesheet in IE9 either.

simbob

I'm not sure but try removing both empty style tags and see what happens. It seems to not be able to read the stylesheet in IE9 either.

I'll give it a try, but i've been testing it in Adobe's Browser lab (browserlab.adobe.com) and seems to render fine in IE9

simbob

Cheers Ben, it worked! Deleted and relinked. Although they weren't 'empty' style tags, they were media queries for smaller displays that i had been fiddling about with, but hadn't thought they may confuse poor old IE8.