Niteodesign.com just went live.

Niteo

My web design, SEO, photography site is finally online. i have been talking about doing it for like 6 months but other work kept it from happening. anyways, check it out, get it some foot traffic and hopefully google will finally reindex it.

ADVICE: don't post a "coming soon" landing page and then submit it to google. its been pretty much put on the blacklist... i had the site map up for 5 days now still no response from gbot. never takes this long...

fordm2003

Nice site!

I am very impressed with your graphics. Good work. You and I have launched business that almost entirely overlap.

I have a quick favor to ask. Could you give me a rough estimate on how much this site might be worth? Consider if you were to do it from scratch and had to gather requirements, e-mail and discuss with client also. I would say I put about 18 hours into this site. It does have an edit mode that is made available to the owner, which you don't see, but is included in the 18hrs.

http://www.waterstreetarts.com

Thanks!

P.S. I also work for a fortune 100 company delivering internal webapps (Java mostly). I have 7 years of professional experience. I've been doing alot of PHP and JavaScript for my business. If you need someone to bounce an idea off of, or need another eye debugging, keep me in mind. I am interested in having a few good connections in the field - combine knowledge.

www.digiwits.com is my business site. I've spent more time actually working on paid projects though. It needs a makeover (in progress).
www.coderegard.com is my programming journal - code demos.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
At 1024x768 your page is not centred, also looks strange with that grey background.

fordm2003

More Site feedback

I took another look at your site. Here are a couple of major issues I see.

You site looks fantastic at full screen and in Firefox. However, with a smaller screen size and/or window size, it starts to fall apart. (see pics)

For instance:
I have Firefox 2, windows XP. When the browser window does not take up the full screen (not maximized), your background does not cover the entire site. It resizes where the right side is blank.

Also, you are leaving a lot of unused space on the left side. If the user has a smaller screen they will have to consistently scroll to the right to view the page. Contrast this with www.waterstreetarts.com Notice how the (crappy) header image is cut off? This allows the users with small screens to see the content - the important part - without left/right scrolling. Yet users with large screens get the maximum experience.

Second thing, your site looks absolutely hideous in IE6. Seriously, almost all of your graphics display incorrectly. I am betting that IE7 looks more like Firefox. (I don't have it) (update: I now do have ie7, issues are similar to Firefox, if not exact)

I wouldn't disregard ie6 yet. It still has 30% market share.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

pics
1 and 2. General issues.

3. would be more desirable for viewers (although with browser bar all the way to the left instead)

4. How it renders in IE6

Attachments

• adv1.jpg
    adv1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 58
  • adv2.jpg
    adv2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 58
  • adv3.jpg
    adv3.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 58
  • adv4.jpg