Newbie Web Designer

Hi guys! my name is Bryan. I'm a newbie web designer. I am now starting to learn wordpress as my CMS app. Can you give me some tips (from the very basics) on how to start this business? Thanks! :p

mezangath

Well, what exactly is the business you're trying to start?

Think that you're best building a business model first and then adjusting the site to that and not the other way around. Focus on creating a brand(good logotype, understandable offers etc.) for yourself and advertise your products/services frequently throughout the site.

Remember that customers not always come as customers and something that I've found useful is to be providing litterature/guides/whatnot closely tied to your product/service and might end the articles with "offcourse, we can provide this to you".

Thanks for your replies guys! Now I already have a good idea on how to start. I have to deploy first my own creative website, put in my portfolios and other works. Do you guys have a long experience in web designing? Can you tell me how much is the basic payment rate of a newbie??

wwag

best advice

The best advice I can offer you is to be humble, learn as much and be as proficient as possible at your craft, whatever angle you take.

Good luck and show us some work!

@wwag: I've seen your portfolios on http://www.webworksandgraphics.com and I just love them specially the Guitar website coz' my recent project is all about guitar sales also. I would like you to check 1 one of my projects that I've made in this URL:

http://www.redsunledtech.com/

I made this website with pure hardcore coding of XHTML, CSS, ans PHP only without applying any CMS apps.

As a newbie web designer I won't expect some thumbs up :D . Rather, pls give some commentssssss.... sugestions.... etc.... anyone?ThankS

chrisbkrh

I would not start with wordpress. I would get a good grip on html and css. Without knowing those aspects of web development you will never have complete control over your webpages with Wordpress. Best of luck to you.

I would not start with wordpress. I would get a good grip on html and css. Without knowing those aspects of web development you will never have complete control over your webpages with Wordpress. Best of luck to you.

Actually I'm starting to learn wordpress, and I already have a foundation in PHP, MySQL, HTML and CSS. But I have to master on CSS2 first then study more on wordpress then continue learning Flash then perhaphs to master CSS3. I'll do it step by step. Might take me a long time. lol

And you were right, you have to get a good grip first in the basics. As a web designer, I don't think that it's a good idea to learn Artisteer coz' It will just make you lazy. We are called web designers to design custom websites right?

christainpaul

Hi..
Same here and i am also new in web designing and main part is that i have work with PHP also and word press so like so much to do....

mrbluffproof

web design made easy

fastestwebdesign.com has all that you need to know and has best programs....let me know if you need more help:D