Newbie needs javascript, FTP web design help!

eshell189

Hi, I'm not even sure if I am in the right place, but I have been searching for days now, with nothing to show for it.

I am looking to put a javascript image viewing application on eBay listing (called HighSlide JS). My problem is that I need to upload it or something to an FTP server, and I don't know how to get an FTP server. Do I have to sign up for a webhosting account like godaddy or something?... If anyone could guide me through how to get javascripts to work with my eBay listings, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm using Windows 7, if that's of any use. Thanks!:D

leroy30

Does Ebay support javascripts? I'm sure that would be a cause of concern for security. Anyhow I don't use Ebay so if they do then...

Yes you will need to sign up with someone like godaddy and upload the script. This will also mean you need a domain name. However you could try looking for a free hosting provider.

Try this place : http://www.limedomains.com/free_web...roup=hosting&gclid=CKj4jI7O-6ECFRBsgwod-xE6EA

I just did a quick google search for free hosting and it came up with this. I havn't done any research in to it so I'm not sure if its completely free like they are claiming.

The reason why you need all this is because when you include a javascript in to a webpage then it must be publicy accessible for the person viewing's browser to download and use it.

Hope this helps get you on the right track =)

Let us know if you work it out!