newbie! help needed...

eddie123454321

firstly, hello to all from sunny leeds!
i have been into web design for a few years and i am currently studying web applications development with the open university... i know html, xhtml, forms, a bit of css, zen cart, php nuke, im doing javascript at the moment, coldfusion in the future, with a bit of asp and php thrown in... you get the picture! it has come to my attention that i am learning a lot about the functionality of the sites but very little about the actual design. i am aware that web design and web development are two different fields, but i would like to work for myself one day :) ..... basically i am looking for a few pointers, i think i want to learn about fireworks png / photoshop psd creation and use as templates. does anybody know anything about this? here's my first question... if i create a full template, text and all, will the text export as an image (rendering it heavy on dowload times and invisible to search engines) or will it be html code that i can edit. thankyou for your time. eddie.

web67

well, same here bro, although i am far more junior to u, but am also only coder, not a designer, but i think that psds text is still pic

Last edited:

UniqueCreations

When you are talking about designing a template, what program are you referring to? If you mean in Photoshop, it all depends on how your export it. Usually you would convert to ImageReady and export as HTML, which will convert everything to sliced images. You definately do not want you site to be all images, so when designing in Photoshop you need to take in consideration the content that will be added using simple text via whatever website building program you use.

A good resource for Photoshop is www.photoshopforums.com I spent a lot of time there when I started with the software and learned a lot. I am now very deep into Photoshop, but nowhere close to knowing it in it's entirety!

web67

well, i hope then i will also be learning some from the forum u mentioned

Last edited: