Newbie - first site.

miu-miu

Hi web designers :) I am new to web design and I am a recent art graduate. A few people told me that I would make a good web/graphic designer so I guess I wanted to give it a try.

In the past week I have learned CSS intensely by myself. I made my very first experimental CSS website from scratch based on what I learned... Sorry if it seems kinda childish and girly compared to most sites (it's about a girly comic). _| ̄|O I haven't set up any host sites yet so all I can do is provide an image for now.

Please give me your verdicts on it. I'm not happy with the menu bar - I couldn't really think of a menu style to make. And I think the title (with the Japanese character) is located in an odd place. If you're wondering why 'Kento Miura' is highlighted on the sidebar it's because I have my cursor hovered over it (my cursor disappeared when I took a snapshot).

And if you can, can you tell me what kind of work do you put in a portfolio? (I guess this sample here isn't appropriate?) I want to build one up so I can find myself some work experience/internship.

Everyone's work here is amazing, I still have a lot to learn, so please treat me kindly. ^^

Edit: for a bigger image: http://oi41.tinypic.com/15p6h3q.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 67

constanthosting

Any work is appropriate for a portfolio.. Really I think it depends on what company you are applying for. If it's a gaming / anime company then the pink site you showed would be a great addition to that portfolio. It looks really nice!

miu-miu

Really? Thanks! I suppose your right! I think I'll keep it in my portfolio and maybe seperate them by genre :eek:

miu-miu

Haa~ I think you maybe right about the menu bar!

Thank you so much for your comments everyone :D *feels very motivated*