New website

conan

Hey ppl im a real newb in terms of web design and graphics but i tried really hard on this site so plz fire away would love advice and maybe even some explanations as to what i should change leave and so on.

Thanks.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
at 1024x768 the site looks a little narrow.
Also the background image looks nice, but when it tiles, it is not seamless, you can see where it joins.
I would also make sure that the site name reflects the domain name if you want people to remember and return.

StephanieCordray

I agree with ian. You have an awful lot of empty space there. Even at 800 x 600 there is a lot of space. Why not widen your layout so there is no scroll down?

conan

Thanks for the comments guys :D Im gunna try widen it a little tonight. I agree about the background image it is not seamless lol but i think i might take that off anyhow and just have the background a different color i also wanna introduce more colour to the site in general.

The band is called Utopia the domain inutopia reflects this dunno what you meant sowwy :(

Thanks again.

Kiwiberry

The band is called Utopia the domain inutopia reflects this

Didn't really catch that at first glance. Other than the already mentioned the site looks good. Personally I would think about making a template, and using that instead of the iframes. I get annoyed with to many scroll bars on a page. It can be difficult to navigate.

RAJO

i can't find a relation between Utopia as a concept and the black color
but then it's the name of the band
i still see there are lot of unmatched feelings in the site

conan

Hey thanks to everyone who took a look and commented back i have started changing the images and colour scheme so please keep an eye as i upload stuff im just sorting out the size thing now. Does anyone know how to change an iframe without reloading the whole page using the links>?

for example if someone clicks home just the iframe content changes the rest of the site stays loaded to save time when browsing.