New Website Seeking Review godideas.biz

tonne2244

I just made this new site for a personal consultant. Godideas.biz please let me know what you think about the graphics, navigation, everything. and i know photobook and portfolio dont work.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think the site design looks excellent, though I didnt like the animated text in the header area. Also the google ad at the bottom of the page would look better if it was centred and better integrated into the page.

DLPerry

Very nice.

I like the background graphics. Attractive, but not distracting.

I too find the repetitive animation distracting though. Perhaps it could be set to only run once or twice - or changed to individual hot spot tooltips or mouseovers, or something.
note: I would exercise caution - avoid mouseovers or tooltips that try to run every time a viewers cursor moves across the graphic/link - such as on the way to the top navigation menu. That effect will rapidly become annoying.

I'm wondering if the text might flow a little better with a bit more whitespace - perhaps 20 pixels or so left, and more equal column widths on the home page?

I also notice that when looking at the page - I keep trying to scroll up - it feels like I'm not at the top of the page. I'm thinking that perhaps a continuation of the dark grey frame in a narrow line across the top - above the menu - with a 5-10 pixel white margin above that, might help 'define' top of page.

Alternatively - you might try using a decorative and functional line of text to delineate 'top of page' - perhaps a short tag line, or the text that is currently in the animated banner. The text could be linked to appropriate internal pages if desired.

just my .02