New website review please

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
neither have even come close to replicating what was offered to you, however the one you did from daves design was slightly better than this. BTW the site isnt loading...

RPDesign

Ok, I've gone back to the previous design then, I've changed a few things but not much, just while I come up with a new design.
Thanks everyone :)

X_Gary_X

You need to learn how to code better, not tweak this site. Go to W3schools, and practice!!

Last edited:
Heh, I actualy want to thank you. As I was looking thru all these posts I started wondering what could be done with a site like that using ONLY css. No java, no images, just style sheeting. So to give you a better idea of what you actually can do.
http://www.digitalheavendesign.com/RDP/index.html

I didn't use the curvy corner fix in ie8 so if your using that, well the experiment was to use nothing but CSS for me so take a look in FF and Chrome as each will render it differently. Someday they will all be equal..... or not.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
@RPDesign, whether or not you like the design brian has put up. PLEASE PLEASE just look at the code he has created and try and get an understanding of the document flow.
look at the different element and how they are written.
look at the lack of inline styles.
and of course the minimal usage of images.

(on a side note, brian. I like how you've even made the twitter icon in css. nice.)

RPDesign

Ok, cheers people, I will take a look at some different coding tutorials and practice more and more until I know it all- but let's face it, no one knows everything about web design so we are all still learning, I'll just learn a lot more.
Thanks people :)