[New Website ] Online Photobooth

Rendell

Hi Guys,

The site: Online Photobooth

Would be great if you guys can help me test my new site to see if there is any glitch or error when you try to take a picture with the flash applications.

Personally, I am not too fond of using Flash because it is not iOS mobile friendly.

Anyway, this is still in the experiment stage. I will be adding some photo filters to the site soon.

Thanks!

jump74

Hello,

For your site, you need only Jquery-html4-css2.1 maybe Html5-css3 (i think you don't need to use flash [1] )
your site is very simple today.
If you want directly desktop-ios-android support :
you need to put only
- in html and body style width : 100%; height:100%;
with mini - maxi definition in px according to the detected material or the possible maximum size of the window of browser
- and for each <div> or <table> or <image> i advice to use % (and maxi-mini in px when it is possible in declaration) (! for image you need to use 2 declarations : 1 in % and 1 in px for the same implementation of image : problem of compatibility between browsers)

- for the text, it is more difficult, but the best it is to use font-size : em or ex

[1] for the last button in bottom of site : i think each os IOS ANdroid have a special api : You maybe can call this api for each OS , and in last for desktop, if you want for desktop this functionality is FLASH.
! For me i don't like this functionality in desktop without special message (private live).

Yours Sincerely,
Jean-Paul

Last edited:

Rendell

Hi Jean-Paul,

Thanks for your advice.

As for the image table, it is not my biggest concern for now because like you mention it is quite easy to implement it for mobile viewing.

You have outline nicely what I need to do to get it to work on mobile. The only technical difficulty is calling the api for mobile device to take pictures to be posted directly to the site. I will do more research on the it and try your methods.

Will keep you guys posted!

Last edited:

jump74

Hi Jean-Paul,

Thanks for your advice.

As for the image table, it is not my biggest concern for now because like you mention it is quite easy to implement it for mobile viewing.

You have outline nicely what I need to do to get it to work on mobile. The only technical difficulty is calling the api for mobile device to take pictures to be posted directly to the site. I will do more research on the it and try your methods.

Will keep you guys posted!

HI Rendell
I am not sure that the direct API exists for Android. It is certain that they will depend on the O.S and perhaps on the model of the material (especially for Android and for Website). Today i think it is possible in Android with mobile Application. If it is OK for the website, I think : it is ONLY with LAST version HTML5 and LAST VERSION Jquery 1.7.xx

Yours Sincerely,
Jean-Paul

NOTA : Maybe you can use for Android, an API of Webcam video (for communication) and with this api, generally, you can control the webcam to take a picture (question : photo material is it not a webcam ?)

Last edited: