new website, need help

moloko

Hi, I'm new to the forums here and was wondering if I could get some help on my website. I need help on a small business website for an aromatherapy company. Willing to pay well, however only looking for professional help. Please email me at [email protected] or PM me on here. My webesite is MolokoAromas.com, review dat shit.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
It looks like you just got started on it. There isn't even any content. The background image takes an exceedingly long time to load, and will make potential customers cry.

That said, if you're looking to hire, you've come to the right place. Please step into my office by clicking the link in my sig.

TheWebGuy

All of you past posters must be on dial-up or something. The image loaded instantly for me :) - but I've got an unfair advantage - (Download speed 20+ Mbps).

As far as design goes, from the "splash page" there is a lot of potential for this site, especially with the right images/content/layout/design. Here are a few site's I've done: http://MikeJohnsonDesign.com/templates/. You can also check out my portfolio below. Good luck.

kayla

All of you past posters must be on dial-up or something. The image loaded instantly for me :) - but I've got an unfair advantage - (Download speed 20+ Mbps).

When I originally saw it (and left a comment), I was on the site for over a minute and the image never fully loaded. I just visited again and the entire image loaded within a few seconds. So something's changed since the last time I saw (maybe my internet connection.. I don't know)

Kass

Your probably just accessing a copy of the image that was downloaded the first time you viewed it, instead of downloading it again (cache)

jasonrichardsmi

As far as design goes, from the "splash page" there is a lot of potential for this site, especially with the right images/content/layout/design. Here are a few site's I've done: http://MikeJohnsonDesign.com/templates/. You can also check out my portfolio below. Good luck.

This isn't related to the OP but Mike, you may want to put a wait dialog on your lightbox style effect, when I clicked website it would open a small box and I waited 2 to 5 seconds and the image would come in. I thought the javascript wasnt working and was about to navigate away.
With an ajax graphic at least someone gets the impression that the call is taking place.
http://ajaxload.info/

kayla

Your probably just accessing a copy of the image that was downloaded the first time you viewed it, instead of downloading it again (cache)

It was a different computer each time I viewed it. Maybe my internet was just slow that first day.

edhost

The first time loading the page takes to long and magine when you start creating graphics and other contents. No one like the waiting. I can suggest you finding a good low cost website template to start building your site. You can save a lot of money just customizing your own template.