New vs old input please!

dwhs

Hi,

I am working on a new site for our company and would kill for some honest insight.

new test version: http://www.dwhs.net/index-new.html
current version: http://www.dwhs.net/

I am trying to get rid of the shaky text that is why I found this forum.

Also the I will change the links in the footer and add a better initial picture when we think of something perfect.

Not sure about the logo and still need a place to put the login and lost password links.

Thanks!

helloworld

huge improvement!
I don't like the tri-colored live text under the 3 gray headers though.. the two blues especially are too close in color as live text.
I'd stick with a gray font color.
cheers!

dwhs

huge improvement!
I don't like the tri-colored live text under the 3 gray headers though.. the two blues especially are too close in color as live text.
I'd stick with a gray font color.
cheers!

Now that you mention it I agree, thanks!

helloworld

no problem.. my post sounded more negative than i meant it now that i've read it again. the site is quite good looking..
one more thing i noticed is your 'stop' button on your slideshow.. maybe try a || (pause icon) instead.. it would be less distracting from the content.

Last edited:

dwhs

no problem.. my post sounded more negative than i meant it now that i've read it again. the site is quite good looking..
one more thing i noticed is your 'stop' button on your slideshow.. maybe try a || (pause icon) instead.. it would be less distracting from the content.

Good idea, I just don't know if the word "pause" will fit in the little box. lol But I will try it, pause makes more sense for sure.

Also any feedback on the images? Are they cheesy or just don't fit?

helloworld

Not the word pause.. The symbol for it. I was saying having a word instead of an icon is distracting. The symbol for pause, like in the twix commercials. Lol

dwhs

Not the word pause.. The symbol for it. I was saying having a word instead of an icon is distracting. The symbol for pause, like in the twix commercials. Lol

ah ha I see says the blind man. That would fit for sure. Great idea. Thanks

justrobin

The new version is nice though the color is not so attractive for me but still the overall impact is very good as compared to the old one. Perhaps you include some other social media widgets/icon like google+ and digg...

dwhs

The new version is nice though the color is not so attractive for me but still the overall impact is very good as compared to the old one. Perhaps you include some other social media widgets/icon like google+ and digg...

Maybe the colors are too pastel? To childish looking?