New to webdesign

Steve_essex

Hi there, I have recently built a couple of basic websites. Please bare in mind that I did not go to college or read any books on building web sites. I have just meerly built them from my knowledge of word and put that into Frontpage. I have used the programme CoffeCup Firstarter for the Flash stuff. I don't think they are too bad but please please please, and ways on improoving my site would be incredibly grateful.

Also, on some computers, the sites do not come out properly. sometime all of the fonts are enlaged or do not al show on the page? why is this and how can I fix it??

Thanks all. -Steve

www.StevieCJimbo.co.uk
www.Sure-Entertainment.co.uk
www.LaraHubble.co.uk

SiteExpress

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum.

First off. I think you need to upload your images. When I look at http://www.steviecjimbo.co.uk/, all I see is a blue screen and an outline of where images should be. That is about as far as one can go without seeing the content.

Frontpage has some really nice features. I used FrontPage almost exclusively for a long time. BUT.... When a friend did a little demonstration for me to see how much easier life could be using Dreamweaver and hand coding, I switched.

I now do almost everything by hand, and with the help of Dreamweaver. I also use css and php Includes. It is all an easy combination to use, and it makes building a site, lots easier.

if you get the chance, make the switch and you won't be sorry.

Good Luck

Steve_essex

Thanks

Thank you for looking at my site. There are no pictures on the front page. There should be headings at the top of the page with roll over colour changes. There should be a 'galleries' link which is where the pictures begin. Then, as I couldn't get to grips with making an asp username/password thingee, i used a basic email that has an automatic reply of a single username and password. steviec-username and jimbo1-password so that the new member can log on and i can retain their email addres for mass emails of members. I then used my service provider to put a password on the steviecjimbo/galleries folder.

Do all of the links at the top of the page show up? the last one on the right should be contacts.

Thanks - steve

SiteExpress

All I am seeing is a blue screen. No links, pictures, or anything. try uploading any images associated with it again, and see if it helps you.

Steve_essex

I have, all of the images are on there. I have just checked on my friends computer, and it all shows up on heres. the links at the top are showing apart from the 2 on the far right. They have been cut off for some reason.

SiteExpress

I am viewing in Firefox, and get nothing but an error. Possibly I am missing a plugin. WHen I use IE, it all works just fine. The links at the top look good, and I dont see anything missing.